I Won Something!

Thanks to my wonderful friend Janna over at The Adventure of Motherhood (If you haven't read her blog you really should, you can really tell she loves the mommy life!) I have been awarded a blog award. Thanks Janna! My first one. So here it is:

In order to get my prize, I must follow the rules, which are:


1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.

Ten honest things about myself in no particular order.


1. I'm not a very good stay-at-home mom. Oh, I love being home with my kids, but we don't stay home. We go places. We hit the library for story time, the park for burning energy, the children's museum for education and entertainment. etc. The first thing Natalie asks me most mornings is "Where are we going today." I need to work on staying home more, I think.


2. I break parenting "rules" sometimes. I have used the TV as a babysitter. I have used "time out" instead of the rod. I have yelled at my child.


3. I love amusement parks, but my husband doesn't, so getting to ride a roller coaster is a huge big thing for me. I even volunteered to take the youth in our old church to Great America just so I could go, and I coerced my brother to visit so he could accompany us.


4. I love, love, love fall. I love everything about it. The smell, the temperature, the colors, the food. Fall is quite possibly the best season on earth. My friend Janna lives on Guam and I do not envy her, because she has no fall (Sorry Janna!) I would really miss it. I am glad for the glories of God's creation we see in the fall.


5. With the exception of my stint in the MBBC library, every job I have ever had I literally walked into. My photo lab job I got when applying at another store who didn't need me but knew someone who did. My daycare jobs I got offered practically without applying. My teaching job I was basically begged to take by the principal, and my writing career I fell into by mistake.


6. Homeschooling terrifies me, yet in a way so does sending my precious girls to a stranger to learn. Well, now, that presents a problem, doesn't it?


7. I am slightly addicted to the internet. Since my job is online, it comes with the territory. I'm glad the new computer is a laptop, because I can put it away (physically) when I am having time with my kids.


8. Sometimes I have to force myself not to follow stories of sick kids that I find online. It's not that I don't pray for these families, because I do, but I find myself obsessing over them. I actually will spend more time following stories than taking care of my own healthy kids. Then I start obsessing about my own kids and worrying that xyz will happen to them.


9. I obsess about my children's hair. I had hair issues as a tween and teen because of my curls (which I love now but didn't then). I want my children's hair to look perfect. Natalie's is pretty easy but Megan's always throws me - it's thick but brittle and way to long for a one-year-old so there are always strands breaking away from her pig tails. Plus, she screams the entire time I try to fix her hair, so I rarely re-fix it even though it's driving me nuts.


10. I have been challenged lately to make my relationship with the Lord more real so it will be apparent to my daughters, particularly Natalie. I want God to be real to her and in order for that to happen He has to be real to me first!


Now I will award the blog. Here are my winners in no particular order.


1. Sarah: Sarah and I worked together in college and have recently reconnected online. I love to read her blog Laugavitz Family because I can tell she really loves her little girl.


2. Sara: This Sara and I also both worked together in college (same place). She is expecting her first baby and I am so happy for her and can't wait to see if she has a boy or girl.


3. Sarah: Ok, do you notice a theme here? Anyways, Sarah and I went to high school together and she is an amazing mother and photographer of five beautiful children. I envy her camera but can't get enough of looking at her beautiful pictures of her gorgeous kids and reading about how much she enjoys her busy life.


4. Heather: Finally, not a Sarah! Heather and I used to go to church together here. She has become a good friend over the years supporting me in prayer through a particularly difficult time. Her two kids are so cute and growing up way too fast!


5. Julie: Julie blogs at A Joyful Nuiscence and her and I met through Heather. I think her blog is funny and I have enjoyed getting to know her from time to time. She has an amazingly positive attitude when things are rough.


6. Anne-Marie: Anne-Marie at The Left Handed Rabbit and I are online friends who actually live in the same town. She went to kindergarten with my husband and we met randomly at a MaryKay party years ago. Now we chat often online. After struggling with infertility for many years, she recently had her miracle baby Sam. He's a cutie and quite loved by his mom and dad.


7. Rebekah: Another friend from college, Rebekah just started a blog posting her recipe and cooking ideas. She has three kids under the age of three, a part time job, a home based business, and a husband in the ministry, so she's a busy gal, but her family doesn't have to live on frozen pizza and take-out! Check out Menu Ideas for Busy Moms.

Comments

Janna said…
You are amazing! It took me 2 days to get mine finished! I enjoyed reading and I look forward to visiting those gals blogs!

thanks most of all for being such a good friend!
Thanks so much!! You are so kind. I will do this hopefully this weekend. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle