- It is written by a mother for mothers. She understands us!
- It is FILLED with scripture. Most statements are made after presenting scripture, and those that are her opinion are clearly marked as such. There is none of this "XYZ is what you need to do, thus saith the Lord" unless the Lord really did say so.
- It is easy to read and not at all stuffy.
- It has case studies that could easily be used as discussion in a Bible study/mom's group type setting.
- It recognizes that while dads are vital to the raising of children, much of the true task of parenting falls on the mom's shoulders, and provides mom with careful instruction on how to do her job well.
- It provides hope for a mommy struggling with maintaining control at times.
- It does NOT require you to let your infant scream for hours on end in order to be a "good parent" - while I do believe letting an older baby cry comes into play at some point, I always balked at the books that recommend doing so with a newborn. I just never quite could do that.
I am already halfway through the book and could start right away, but I was curious if anyone was interested in reading along with me and doing a discussion? If you are, leave a comment and I will wait a couple of weeks to start the study to give you time to get a copy. If not, I will do my own review/summary in an attempt to consolidate my thoughts before they flee. If you do get a copy, have your highlighter ready!