A Look Back at a Decade

We have just entered a new decade. I'm not a highly sentimental person, most of the time, but when I look back over the past decade, i realize that some of the most important events of my life have occurred from 2000-2009. Here is my tribute to the decade:

1. My husband got saved.
2. I toured Israel.
3. I graduated college.
4. I got my first teaching job.
5. I discovered freelance writing.
6. I got married to my best friend and moved to Rockford.
7. We bought our first house.
8. We had two beautiful children.
9. I had my first major surgery (c-section with Megan).
10. I traveled to the island of Guam (farther than I have ever gone, and probably the farthest I ever will go).
11. We became members of Heritage Baptist Church.
12. I discovered FACEBOOK!
13. I learned what it really means to be an adult (can't I go back to being 13 and having the biggest problem in my life being my frizzy hair and the fact that so-and-so didn't want to sit by me at lunch?)
14. I lost two grandparents - the first close loved ones I have lost.
15. I spent my first time in the ER with my child - an experience I don't wish to repeat but probably will someday.

I am sure there are more milestones, but it is pretty amazing to look back and realize all of the change a decade can bring! I look forward to the next decade serving my Savior and loving on the family he has given me!

Comments

Janna said…
I like how you looked at the decade and not just the year.

Makes me wonder what your next look back at a decade with have in it. Happy New Year!
Anonymous said…
Reading through this today I got teary eyed thinking of it all. Love you
MOM
abusemom said…
What a decade you had. This list is beautiful! Treasure the next decade! Best wishes to you and your family!

Popular posts from this blog

My Story Begins

Hard Questions

Christmas Miracle