Things I Learned on Vacation



We just got back from a quick trip to KC. Here is what I learned:

1. Aiden is a good name (so says Natalie upon meeting a baby with the same name as her playgroup friend).

2. When you give a three-year-old privacy in the bathroom, proceed with caution if she is in there for too long.



Yep, she pulled down my mom's wall paper. Sigh. I asked her "What did you do in Grandma's bathroom to the seashells on the wall" and she said "I broked them." Three days later. Yep, she totally knew what she did!

3. I have the world's greatest husband! He let me go all by myself to scrapbook with my mom and her friends for a whole day. This was AFTER taking bedtime duty so I could go to the movies and AFTER taking bedtime duty the night before so I could hang out with my friend Janna.

4. There are some people in the world who you will always feel close to even if they live 5,000 miles away.




5. Megan is much more flexible on her sleep schedule than Natalie.

6. Keeping your kids up until 11:30 ensures you will get to sleep until at least 7:30 the next day. Nap time the following day, however, will not be a pleasant experience.

7. Weaning Megan is not going to be that easy.

8. 3D movies are very, very cool, especially when on IMAX screens

9. Kansas City will always feel like home in a way.

10. A giant punching balloon that costs $1 will provide hours upon hours of entertainment.

Comments

The Harrisons said…
I am laughing at the bathroom pic but at the same time cringing for you :-) She broke them alright! What did you go to see at the Imax - I haven't seen a 3-D movie yet and I'd really like to go to one sometime.
MommaHarms said…
Karen, I went to see Harry Potter. I am an addict to those books and love the movies, but they lose something on the regular TV, not to mention they would freek my baby girl out! Carving out 2 1/2 hours when she's asleep would be impossible!
MommaHarms said…
Oh, and I went to see it at the Independence AMC (by the mall) - They have an IMAX screen now. The whole movie is not 3D but at Christmas tehy are doing to be putting out a Christas Carol in all 3D that looks way too cool.
Ann-Marie said…
The bathroom photo and quote just made me laugh so hard! Thanks for sharing!
Janna said…
I like this post! Lots of info and funny!

I'm finally getting caught up reading. Congrats to Megan!

I'm home but cross-eyed.

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle