We just got back from a quick trip to KC. Here is what I learned:
1. Aiden is a good name (so says Natalie upon meeting a baby with the same name as her playgroup friend).
2. When you give a three-year-old privacy in the bathroom, proceed with caution if she is in there for too long.
Yep, she pulled down my mom's wall paper. Sigh. I asked her "What did you do in Grandma's bathroom to the seashells on the wall" and she said "I broked them." Three days later. Yep, she totally knew what she did!
3. I have the world's greatest husband! He let me go all by myself to scrapbook with my mom and her friends for a whole day. This was AFTER taking bedtime duty so I could go to the movies and AFTER taking bedtime duty the night before so I could hang out with my friend Janna.
4. There are some people in the world who you will always feel close to even if they live 5,000 miles away.
5. Megan is much more flexible on her sleep schedule than Natalie.
6. Keeping your kids up until 11:30 ensures you will get to sleep until at least 7:30 the next day. Nap time the following day, however, will not be a pleasant experience.
7. Weaning Megan is not going to be that easy.
8. 3D movies are very, very cool, especially when on IMAX screens
9. Kansas City will always feel like home in a way.
10. A giant punching balloon that costs $1 will provide hours upon hours of entertainment.