About Me

I am a proud wife and mother, and a born again Christian. I work from home as a writer while taking care of Miss N, our six-year-old, Miss M, our four-year-old and Miss C, our newest bundle of joy. Life is crazy but so much fun!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

31 weeks update

How far along? 31 weeks

Maternity clothes? Yep.

Sleep: Slept through the night two days in a row this week!!!

Best moment this week: Finding out that my doctor still thinks we will go to term, just with lots of extra monitoring.

Movement: Slowing down a little, but any time I get worried I can get her to move :)

Milestones: On my babycenter week-by-week email I got notice that she should be about 3.3 pounds this week. She was 3.5 at my ultrasound three weeks ago. We grow 'em big! We also have a NAME!

Gender: Girl

Labor Signs: Nope. A few Braxton Hicks but they are going away.

What I miss: My house not being a construction zone. Tim is working hard and doing a great job, but this flooring is taking longer than we thought it would!

What I am looking forward to: Finishing this pregnancy.

Weekly Wisdom: It's ok to relax sometimes. In fact, if you don't, your doctor may just prescribe it ;)

Complications Update: Ok, so, my 24-hour test came back with proteins. That means that my kidneys are not functioning properly. Now, there are two things that could cause this - the high blood pressure and my little adventure in dehydration land over the weekend (which landed my in the hospital). Regardless, this has caused me to be sent in for a consult with the high risk people again. She thinks maybe we need to adjust my medication, but every time they have increased it I have gotten really dizzy and feeling like I am going to faint. My doctor thinks that it is NOT pre-eclampsia and does not anticipate putting me in the hospital or on bed rest, she also thinks we will make it to 39 weeks and a full-term delivery. However, the kidney and blood pressure issue and even the pre-eclampsia do put me at higher risk for placenta failure or placenta previa, not to mention HELLP disease. So, because of that, I have to be monitored very closely.

This means twice a week visits to the doctor for two-hour appointments where they do a non-stress test, ultrasound, blood pressure check, and measure the baby. I am so blessed to have good friends. I have already had two offer to help with Miss M during this time so I can go on non-work days. The school also said I maybe could add her to the days she does not come, depending if they are full or not. I am not sure what we are going to do - need to make wise choices because Miss M still needs time with her mommy too. Also, with gas being $4 a gallon, I am not thinking that driving all over town (most of my church friends live in a different town) is a good use of my money, but putting her in school five days per week is not a good use of my time as a mommy.

No comments: