Happy Birthday To Me!


Hi! I'm Natalie, and Mommy tells me it's my birthday today. I don't really understand what that means, but she sure gets excited when she tells me, and she holds one finger up. I want to chew on it!

I thought I would tell you about my great accomplishments this year. I was born on March 9, and Mommy says I was too early, so I had to stay in the hospital. They took good care of me, but Mommy and Daddy wanted me home. I went home on March 23.

I started smiling at two months old, when Mommy said my name. When I was five months old I learned how to roll over. That was on the Fourth of July! Boy, fireworks were cool! At six months I could sit up by myself. Mommy says that is because I was so fat that the rolls kept me from falling over! At nine months I figured out how to sit up when I was laying down. It wasn't long until I figured out how to crawl at ten and a half months. Then my first tooth popped out at eleven months! Today my biggest accomplishment is standing up when I am holding on to the coffee table and walking all the way around it. Mommy is ready for me to learn to walk because I am getting so big!

So whatever this birthday thing is, it must be pretty cool, because Mommy and Daddy have been pretty sentimental in the last few days. Last night Daddy was saying that a year ago my Grandma Jan and Grandpa Chris were stuck in a rain storm trying to come here! And Mommy says she hardly remembers this time last year because she was on a lot of medicine.

It has been a good year, and I am a happy girl. I can't wait to see what the next year has for me to learn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle