On My Mind

Lately I have been thinking how grateful I am for my family. That might seem strange, but it seems like the last few days the things I have seen on television have been so sad. There was a special Tim was watching about a reporter in Iraq, who was nearly killed in a road side bomb. He is now campaigning to shed light on the situation facing soldiers with head injuries. He received a serious head injury. Then I also watched a program about a family with triplets who were deaf/blind. The pain and frustration were so intense, and the reason the girls were handicapped was because of medications they were given due to prematurity. As the mother of a healthy premie, I am always reminded how much I have to be thankful for. For those of you who have forgotten, here is a picture of my tiny baby when she was born.



Today she is trying so hard to stand, and is doing so well. I am so blessed!

Then, yesterday I watched a program about a woman whose two year old and husband were both killed in a small plane crash, while she walked away unharmed. This really shook me up. There are times when I get frustrated with Natalie (as all mothers do), and I need to remember that we never know what the future holds. This life is truly but an instant, and we need to make the most of every opportunity. A friend of mine has been tracking the progress of a very sick little boy on her blog, and it has touched my heart to think of what his parents have been going through. Please pray for Ethan! Those of you with children, spouses, or other family members, always hold them close!

I love my husband and daughter so much! I have realized through this week and the media I have seen that I need to relish every moment I spend with them. It is time to overlook shortcomings and annoyances in exchange for seeing the joy that is family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle