A Politically "Correct" Child



So I thought I would share a story with all of you. We believe strongly in the verse that says, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." As such, we have been striving to train Natalie properly with biblical discipline. Also, we have been attempting to instill in her a correct political bent even at an early age.

This morning we saw fruits of our efforts. When Natalie came downstairs, Daddy was watching the Today Show. Hillary Clinton was on the TV. Natalie immediately picked up the remote and pointed at the the TV. We believe, of course, that she was trying to change the channel. Hey, who says kids don't care about politics!

She is incredibly smart! Yesterday, two hours after she lost a puzzle piece, I was looking for it and asked her off hand where it was. She pointed to our linen closet, so I looked inside and, sure enough, the piece had slid under the door. Now, that wouldn't have been that big of a deal to me, but she had been playing with that hours before! Impressive! (And scary - what do you do when your child is smarter than you are?)

Comments

mohoelx said…
Ummmm... I dunno... just do the best you can? We had two that were smarter than us........
The Harrisons said…
She definitely has a better memory than me :) Cutie!
That's so funny...my kids are definitely smarter than me sometimes. :) They remember everything! Laney recalls stuff from years ago that I have no clue how she remembers. We can't ever promise her something that we don't intend doing...because she will not forget about it! :P

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle