A Child's Love

I think in some ways the first couple of years of parenting are the most rewarding, but in others they are drudgery. I love my child, but a newborn does not return that love. They demand and need, and as parents we give and love. Natalie has recently begun saying "Love you." It took me a while to figure out what she was saying, because it sounds like "I do." But, it's consistent, and I know now what she is saying. It melts my heart. She will say it when I tell her I lover her, but every once in a while she just pops out an "I love you." This has made parenting ten times more rewarding. Even if we have had a terrible day, fought the obedience battle over and over, she still loves me. Just knowing that makes all of the work of the last two years worth it to me. That and the fact taht this was not something I taught her to say or do. She did it of her own will and desire to express her feelings. That type of unconditional love is hard to find elsewhere, and is so hard to understand. I believe the love between a parent and a child is a picture of the love between God and His children. Now, as a parent, I think I am beginning to understand a small picture of how much God truly loves us. Yet, I am fallible, and He infallible. How much more does He love us than we love even our own biological children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle