Ok, Worried and Need to Vent

Ok, so this week has been really slow for my business. Actually, the whole time since we returned from Greenville has been slow. This time last year was slow too, but that's not the point of this vent.

I've been looking for more work, something I haven't done in a while simply because I have been so busy with my existing clients. I have found the taste of rejection painful again. I hate looking for work because most of the jobs I apply for have 500 applicants or more. That means that unless I am the first one to apply or have something that really stands out, chances are I won't get the job. It's normal, but that doesn't mean I like it.

Anyways, I finally landed a new client early this week. The pay is average, but not poor, so I was happy. Well, now I am thinking I'm gonna get taken. Everything inside of me screams that this guy is a scammer. The thing in this line of work is that there is tremendous amount of anonymity, so people can take your work, not pay you, and run with it. I've had it happen before, but not for a long time.

I can't put my finger on what doesn't "feel right" about this guy. It's just a gut reaction. So, I'm doing the 13 articles, sending my invoice on Monday, and we will see. I just needed to express my worries to "the world" to feel better. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good gig, I will get my $130, and I will have a new, steady client. There's always hope for the best, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle