About Me

I am a proud wife and mother, and a born again Christian. I work from home as a writer while taking care of Miss N, our six-year-old, Miss M, our four-year-old and Miss C, our newest bundle of joy. Life is crazy but so much fun!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Daddy's Birthday


My wonderful husband and our adorable girls.

Yesterday was Tim's birthday. He spent the day working and helping me clean the house. I have such a good man. I am so thankful for the godly helpmate God blessed me with. We have been through a few things recently as a family that have allowed me to see his character a little better, and I am blessed. I love you babe!

Being Daddy's birthday and Natalie being older now, I decided to see if she had any ideas about his present. I asked her what she wanted to get daddy for his birthday.

"Candy."

"That's a good idea, Natalie. Do you think we should get him anything else"

N: "Candy, and a shirt."

Me: "What kind of shirt?"

N: "A t-shirt."

Me: "What color?"

N: "Gray. That's what Daddy likes is Gray."

So that was it. She never let go of the idea either. Candy and a shirt. Then a few days later we were driving and out of the blue she said, "MandMandMandMs. That's hard to say, Mommy. MandMandMandM's - how do you say it?"

Me: "Do you mean M & M's?"

N: "Yes, M & M's. The crunchy kind with the peanuts. That what Dad likes. That what we should get."

I took her shopping with me and was fortunate enough to find a gray t-shirt even though it's October. We bought it. I also let her pick out Daddy's card. Here is what she picked:
No, she did not want the one with the cute puppy on it that was "to Daddy from his little girl." She wanted this:

When he opened it, she told him "It has Super Guys on it Daddy!"

I think Tim had a fun birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that she is getting so grown up and set on what she wants to do. although that makes it harder for mom and dad I am glad she is not wishy-washy. you know that runs in our family.
Love you MOM

mohoelx said...

Pretty special that she thinks her daddy is a 'super guy'....