About Me

I am a proud wife and mother, and a born again Christian. I work from home as a writer while taking care of Miss N, our six-year-old, Miss M, our four-year-old and Miss C, our newest bundle of joy. Life is crazy but so much fun!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Songs from the Heart

Most of the time when we are in the car, I have Christian music playing. However, sometimes one of the children will request a quiet ride, and usually I oblige. This usually means the other child will beg for music, so we have been taking turns choosing - one chooses on the way to the destination, and the other choosing on the way home.


Tonight on the way to church we were having a quiet ride. Miss N decided to burst out into song. First she sang "Jesus Loves Me" and "I'm in the Lord's Army." Then she started making up some songs of her own. I wish I had a tape recorder:

Lord, I love you, you are my sa-a-vior. You love me because you told me soooooooo. I am going to Heaven with You. You will baptize me and I will live forever.
Pardon the improper theology there. We are working on that :)

You died for me to save my soul. I love you Lord. And you love meeeeeee.


I can't help but smile during my drive while listening to that. Then she says, "Mommy, are those made-up songs?"


"I think so," I say. "I haven't heard them before."


"Well, they are real songs now because I singed them!"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like so much!

Mom