Book Review - God Gave Us You!

I had the opportunity to review an adorable children's picture book called "God Gave Us You!" by Lisa Tawn Bergren and illustrated by Laura J. Bryant.

Little polar bear asks the question every parent expects but dreads "Mommy, where did I come from?" In this sweet story full of a parent's love for her child, Mommy Polar Bear answers the question in a very age appropriate way.

I felt the authors of this book understood the preschool set. There were a lot of "why?" questions that are common for little kids to ask. For instance, Mommy Polar Bear says,

"I felt something different one day. You wanted out!" "I did!" Little Cub asked. "How did you know?" "God gives mama bears special signals. We raced to the hospital."


I thought that was a very truthful, but very age appropriate answer. Actually, I was wishing I had had this book on my shelf when Miss N, my five-year-old, was asking some very similar questions that I was not sure how exactly to best answer in a truthful way without going into too much detail.

In addition to the excellent writing, the illustrations in this book and others in the series are appealing. They are sweet and calming and full of big bear hugs.

This is the second book in this adorable series that we have read. My friend gave us the God Gave Us Two book when I was expecting Miss M to read with Miss N. It was just as sweet and I highly recommend the series.

You can get your copy of God Gave Us You here. In the interest of full disclosure, I was given a free copy of this book to review from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group through their Blogging for Books program. I was not compensated in any other way for this review, and it reflects my personal feelings and impressions of this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle