About Me

I am a proud wife and mother, and a born again Christian. I work from home as a writer while taking care of Miss N, our six-year-old, Miss M, our four-year-old and Miss C, our newest bundle of joy. Life is crazy but so much fun!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

My First Time CVSing


Ok, so many of you probably don't know, but there is a huge blog network of people who use coupons and the CVS Extra Care program to get free and hugely discounted stuff. I have been following some of these blogs for a while, and I decided to try my hand. I was going to do it last week but had a rough week with bedtimes with everyone being sick, so I couldn't get to the store by myself. So this week I did it. This was my first time, so my savings weren't as good as some, and I messed up on one transaction and had to buy candy because my balance was negative, but I got $97.97 worth of stuff for $19.25! I am pretty proud of myself for my first time CVSing. Here's the loot I got, and yes, it is all stuff we need and use. It sure doesn't look like $100 worth of stuff, but makeup is expensive and I needed some desperately! I got my ideas for this week from this link. I had to improvise on some things we didn't need, and the fact that the Alieve Cold and Sinus is behind the pharmacy counter, which is closed tonight, but I did pretty good, I think. Check out the link to see how it is done. Oh, and I left the store with $5 towards my next purchase, so it's more like getting all that stuff for $15!!!


2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi ~

It's Chris from "Be A Blessing". Thanks for your encouraging comment. I just had to stop by and see what you got - you did GREAT! I'm glad you were able to make it all work out. I'm still amazed at all the great deals - shopping at CVS (and Walgreens) has truly been a blessing to our family.

AnnesZoo said...

GREAT JOB!