If You Have Kids, Hug Them Today

Like any mommy, I get frustrated with my children. Both Natalie and Megan have been off for a while, and I haven't been getting much sleep because of it. I have to confess I have been struggling to be patient with them! Turns out they (and I) were in dire need of a visit the chiropractor. We went yesterday and they both slept through the night. Anyways, I have been reminded through the struggles of others how precious the life of my children is. If you are reading this, hug your kids, and please pray for these little ones:

  • Macy - Macy is four years old and just went through exentsive open heart surgery. Her mommy and I went to college together. This is the second child they have had to put through the same surgery. She is in a lot of pain.
  • Zach - Zach is 9 or 10 (can't remember) and the friend of a friend. He was in an accident caused by a drunk driver and suffered a serious head trauma. After spending a week in a comatose like state, he is now doing well and at home, but has a long road to full recovery. Oh, and the driver, she will get off with paying a $1,000 fine.
  • Dustyn - Dustyn is the 10 year old son of a former co-worker from RBS. He is suffering some unexplained medical problems that could have some very serious problems. His twin sister is really struggling.

Sometimes it's easy to question why God would allow little ones to suffer. Each of these families have beautiful testimonies in spite of what they are going through. The mom of Zach has actually been able to forgive that drunk driver, which takes tremendous grace and strength. I praise the Lord for these children, some of whom I've never met, and their mommies, who are showing the world what strength through Christ is all about "I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me." Allyson, Michelle, and Beth, I have been praying for you and continue to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle