Never too Old to Learn

I have been learning some things lately. As a teacher, I know that no one is ever too old to learn, so I don't know why it comes as such a surprise to me when I am learning new things. I'm also a writer, so I am going to write my thoughts as a form of therapy.

1) Trust - This election did not go as i had hoped, although it did go as I expected. Being from Illinois, it did not seem as though there were anyone else who could possibly win other than Obama. It is interesting to me how quickly we have gotten over our racial issues in this country. The Jim Crow laws that were so horrible were not that long ago, and today we are on the brink of having a half-black man in the White House. My issues with Obama were nothing to do with the color of his skin. There are so many unknowns about the man, and I do fear his ties to Islam. We can hide our heads in the sand about this, but the Islamic nation wants to kill all "infidels," which would include me as a born again Christian. That scares me. I also cannot support a man who supports the slaughter of unborn (and successfully born) babies, nor can I support a man who will not protect the sanctity of marriage.

Last night I felt in despair over the election. I am still unhappy about it, but I realize that ultimately we answer to a higher power. My God is in control of all things. I need to pray for the strength to trust that and to have the faith necessary to withstand persecution, if and when it comes. I do fear for my children, not necessarily because of Obama, but simply because of the way I see this nation heading.

Which brings me to:

2) As Christians, we are losing our next generation. I think Christian parents have failed somehow to protect and shield their children from the world enough to keep them strong, while giving them enough exposure to keep them from falling the moment they are faced with confrontation. As a second-generation Christian, I am reminded daily about the need to keep my children strong. Speaking of children, the baby has awakened, so I will have to finish this post at a later time. I have much, much more I need to say, so stay tuned!

Comments

I couldn't agree more. I also worry about my children and have actually considered not having any more (even though we really want one more) for fear of what this world will be like when they're older. I mean, how much worse can it get? How long is God going to allow people to openly deny Him and spit in His face? I know that ultimately we, as His followers, are under His protection, but I constantly have to pray for peace because it's so hard to not worry when we feel like we're pretty much living in Sodom and Gomorrah. Don't people get that?
MommaHarms said…
That's the problem, people don't get it. We have bought into the idea that people cannot help themselves. Sin is no longer a problem. When we have no moral compass to guide us, there is no hope for the future. THe only hope is in witnessing, the rapture, and raising up another generation to serve Him. I do recall my parents felt this way after they were saved - wondering if there was any use in having more children to raise in this sin-cursed world. THen i have to look at what life was like in Roman times, when Christ came, and it wasn't much better. We Americans have been morally spoiled for so long. It is time for us to learn to stand for what we believe in and what is true. I think I have finally come to the conclusion that the government is not the way to do it. We must do it in our one on one relationships with the people Christ died for.

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle