Pregnancy Post 1

Well, it has happened. I have gotten a positive pregnancy test. I have such a hard time saying, "I'm pregnant" because I am nervous, but all in all I feel pretty peaceful. There is that nagging turning over feeling in my stomach, but I do feel pretty positive.

We are waiting to tell people until at least the first round of blood draws. The first one was today (Tuesday, Sept 13). If the blood work seems good, we will have to tell family. We will probably wait until the first ultrasound to tell too many friends, but they will likely do one fairly early to date the pregnancy. Some of my issues will make it impossible to date without a little peek inside.

Just a few days ago I started praying very specifically that God would allow me to be pregnant before November 15, the anniversary date of when I found out something was probably wrong with my baby. While I do not know if I will be able to keep this baby, God has answered that prayer. Now, i pray for safety and for a calm spirit.

The due date, should God allow us to keep this baby, is not at all at a good time. But I trust God's will in this matter. And, of course, I am beyond elated to finally be pregnant. It has been a long two months.

My doctor said in her 20 years of doing OB/GYN work, she has never had two back-to-back ectopic pregnancies in a patient. I pray I am not her first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle