Scares, Relief

What a roller coaster the last two weeks have been!

So, here is where things stand. My Dr. is pretty sure it is not an ectopic. Now we just have to give it time to see if it will stick or not. As with any pregnancy there is always that chance of miscarriage.

I had an ultrasound yesterday and it looks like a sac is developing where it is supposed to develop. Nothing in it to be seen yet but that's normal for this stage of the game (probably right at 5 weeks). However, the practitioner I saw (not my Dr.) freaked me out by telling me that I had a 50/50 chance at this point. Then, when I called later to ask a question, the nurse on the phone (not my normal nurse) scared me even further saying that my numbers are not doubling anymore (which is typically bad).

I had to wait until today to hear from my doctor, because she was at the hospital yesterday with surgeries. She called first thing (literally, 8:01 and they open at 8) this morning. She said she is not worried at all yet and we just need to be patient. I asked about the number and she said it does not worry her. I asked about the 50/50 chance and she said that she thinks we are much higher than that at this point. So, positive news. Of course, I don't think I will feel 100 percent positive until I see that beating heart but I will take what I can get.

For now, I pray for my baby to grow, be healthy, and for the ability to trust God. It is an hour by hour process. I cannot just say "I am going to trust God" and boom, it happens. I have to constantly surrender my fear to Him. It is NOT easy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story Begins

Hard Questions

Christmas Miracle