12 Week Appointment

Ok, you all know how scared I was that there would be bad news today. Amazingly, I was very calm when the time came for today. All day I was calm.

At my appointment, my bp was up. Not sure if it was because I was nervous or what, but my doctor seemed a little concerned and said, "We wll have to keep an eye on this." It was 134/78, which isn't that bad, right?

The weight check was great! I only gained half a pound in four weeks! That is a total of 4 pounds the entire pregnancy so far. I am very happy with this. I tend to gain a lot early on. Maybe my inability to eat sweets is helping!

The doctor told me right away that she was going to try to hear the heartbeat, but that it might not be possible yet. She was not able to hear it. Again, I was amazingly calm. I think having the girls there was a good distraction.

So, I had an ultrasound. I don't think I have seen any of my babies at 12 weeks. It was amazing. There were little feet and arms. Miss N thought it was pretty cool. The heartrate was in the 150s. Here is the picture.
The baby was moving a bit too. I loved seeing the baby, and was amazed at how unscared I felt. All in all it was a good appointment. I have a great doctor too - she came to check on me and see how the scan was going during the scan, and totally understood my desire to schedule the c-section so I could be at Miss N's kindergarten graduation. I really like my doctor. Now, I am at the "safe" zone and finally feel like I can relax!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle