Adventures in Potty Training

Ok, so we are not ready to officially start potty training, but Natalie has been giving me some pretty clear signs that she might be ready (as in, the other day after I was done doing my own business she practically begged me to put her on the potty.) So, today we were at Wal-Mart and we bought a potty chair. I told her we were going to buy a potty at Wal-Mart, and she kept asking me for a "purple potty." Unfortunately we were unable to find a purple potty, but we found a nice one that doubles as a step stool, so we got it.

She was so excited about the potty, so as soon as the groceries were away we got it out. She practiced sitting on it several times with her diaper on. Then we went and did some other things.
Later, I was changing her diaper and I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty with her diaper off. This was very exciting to her, so we tried it. I sang a couple of songs with her, and then the next thing I know she's yelling "poopy poopy" and pointing in the potty. No, she didn't go #2, but she did have a decent amount of #1 in the potty. We celebrated, and I told her because she went on the potty she could have a piece of candy (M&M).

I got her off the potty, re-diapered her, and gave her the candy. The next thing I do she's dunking the M&M in the pee. YUCK! So I whisked it away from her and scrubbed her hands clean. Then we dumped out the pee and washed the basin before giving her another candy. Mommy lesson learned: Dump the pee before doing anything else!

I'm not really ready to start potty training in full force, but I am going to let her practice for a while. She's excited about it, so I might as well work with that. So wish me luck! While it wasn't in the plan, getting her trained before the baby comes would be really cool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story Begins

Hard Questions

Christmas Miracle