Heaven Is Very Far Away

I just had a very special conversation with Natalie. I had to discipline her because she did not obey what she was told. Afterward I gave her a hug and prayed with her. I told her she needed to obey her mommy and daddy because the Bible says "Children, Obey your parents." God wanted her to obey, and I wanted to teach her how.

Natalie: Where does God live?
Mommy: God lives in heaven.
Natalie: I wanna go to heaven. I love God.
Mommy: Well, if you ask Jesus to save you from your sins when you are older you can go to heaven.
Natalie: With mommy?
Mommy: Yes
Natalie: and Daddy?
Mommy: Yes

At this point I felt the overwhelming need to pray, so we prayed that Natalie would understand how to become a Christian when she is older.

Natalie: Goody goody goody, I love heaven.
Mommy: That's good.
Natalie: Is heaven very far away?
Mommy: yes, heaven is very far away.
Natalie: Ok, I watch a movie!

Too funny. (She gets to watch a movie when we take long car trips). So experienced mommies - did I do OK? I am finding myself floored by her sudden interest in God and her questions.

Here are a couple of videos. The first is Natalie doing her 'Favorite thing in the whole world' (which changes on a regular basis). The second is of Megan bouncing - her true favorite thing. natalie, of course, had to get in on the action on that one. The third is Natalie making her bed. She just decided to do it one day out of the blue.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

Comments

The Harrisons said…
Oh so sweet!!! I watch a movie :-) BTW I love your new blog look!! How did you get that?
MommaHarms said…
If you click on the link at the top that says Free Backgrounds and More (teal box on the left hand side) they tell you how to put a "skin" on your blog. They have lots to choose from and they all look like a scrapbook.
mom2bacon said…
Oh, your stories about Natalie and God are awesome! It is amazing what they pick up and she is doing great and so are YOU! Wow! I pray with Aiden pretty much every day, but haven't thought to really explain heaven yet, didn't think they would understand yet, but I guess they can begin to...very cool.
MommaHarms said…
Angela, I didn't think she could understand either - not sure she does. I think she thinks when we go to Missouri we are going to heaven!

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle