Daddy Is Smart!

Natalie's latest trick is holding it when we ask her to go potty before bed, and then needing to get out of bed 30 minutes after we tuck her in. I've been a bit stumped, because you can't really MAKE a kid go potty.

Tonight she was sitting on the potty insisting that she didn't have to go. Well, daddy got a bright idea. Instead of fighting with her, he started tickling her, and she went. Boy did she go. I mean, if this were the Nile, it would be flooding. Oh, and she went #2 too.

While we are on the potty train, I have been telling her that "butt" is a word we use in the bathroom. She is quite adament about describing her bottom accurately, and I don't really have a problem with that, but I also don't want her saying "butt" all of the time in public. She is obeying the rule well.

Yesterday I was getting Megan out of the car and she was a tad stinky. I said, "You're a stinky butt!" and Natalie was sure to point out - "Mommy, we only say that word in the bathroom!"

I guess mommy needs to make sure she follows the rules too!

Comments

laugavitz said…
too cute! They will always make sure you follow the rules :)
Ann-Marie said…
Ah, yes! I am wondering how we will handle this - right now we are using words like "whoo-whoo" to describe Sam's boy parts - guess we can't do that forever!
MommaHarms said…
Before I was a parent, I always said we would call things what they are, but you realize quickly that a toddler has no tact. Breast feeding has been quite interesting - some words are best left un taught at this age!
Anonymous said…
Hello all
generic levitra online
Vardenafil was shown to be effective when taken up to 4 - 5 hours before sexual activity in clinical trials.
[url=http://www.guelphcaribbeancuisine.com/]generic vardenafil[/url]
Levitra - Cure erectile dysfunction
Order Levitra (Vardenafil) online without prescription.
http://www.guelphcaribbeancuisine.com/ - order levitra
This article tries to help you answer your questions.

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle