Potty Training - Update

So this sweet face:
I'm pretty sure I traumatized her with our little potty training attempt. All weekend any time we went into a bathroom for a diaper change, she started sobbing, pointing to the potty, and saying "no no no."

I have decided we will wait until September to try again. I bought the "Potty Training in Three Days" book and I like the positive approach it takes. I will attempt that in September when N is in school. She'll only be just past two, so I am hoping that it will still be early enough that she's not set in her ways of pottying in her diaper.

I really thought she was ready. I wonder, she can tell me when she goes, but she didn't seem to be able to hold it. Even when I would whisk her to the potty when she started to go, she would just let it all out on the way. Is it possible she can't yet utilize the "hold it" muscles?

Regardless, we have a busy, busy summer, and I think the fall will be perfect. I'm just sad because she's getting rashes in her diaper area from the heat.

Oh, and if another person tells me, "My kid potty trained him/herself," I might scream. Defiantly was not easy with N, and looks like it won't be easy with M. I had my hopes. . .

Comments

Unknown said…
That is a sweet face. I am glad you came to a decision. I know how hard this was for you. I love you sweetheart. and won't tell you that you trained YOURSELF. wink wink.
MOM

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle