Thankful at 8 weeks

Today I had my first official OB appointment. Everything went amazingly well. The little bean (size of a kidney bean at 8 weeks) is measuring about two days ahead, so might be another big baby, who knows. My blood pressure was great, I haven't really gained any weight in spite of all I have been eating, and the heart beat was right there beating along (181 ). Also, since my problems of earlier seem to have cleared up, I am only having to be on the modified rest for two more weeks instead of four! Woo hoo!

I am now officially a "normal" OB patient. That means no more weekly trips to the doctor, no more worries (ha!), and no more scans every time I go in. That last part is a little sad, but I am so thankful to be having a healthy pregnancy!

So, I am going to start to blog weekly about my pregnancy. This is mostly for me, so feel free to ignore if you are bored by it :)

How far along? 8 weeks

Maternity clothes? I'm thinking it's time. . . at least for the pants. I can't fill out the shirts by my nausea is considerably worse with regular pants on.

Sleep: Pretty good - lots of trips to the potty during the night.

Best moment this week: Seeing the baby twice as big as it was last week on the ultrasound this week. Being released as a "normal" ob patient.

Movement: Too early

Gender: Unknown

Labor Signs: No way!

What I miss : Chocolate! It's making me ill so I had to give it up. Feeling good in general. I'm not that sick (I have friends who are much sicker) but I would like to be able to not feel ill for a full day.

What I am looking forward to: The second trimester!

Weekly Wisdom:
It's ok to rely on other people when you are not feeling well. This is temporary, but nonetheless real.

Milestones: Tim and my dad are almost done installing our reverse osmosis filter (we received for FREE!) so no more worries about our nasty carcinogen filled tap water! (For those who think I am being over protective, we get a notice every year about the carcinogens in our water!)

Comments

happy for you! What I have done with my regular jeans is loop a thin hair rubberband through the button hole and then wrapped it around the button. It gives me a couple of extra inches while staying in my reg. jeans. ( :

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle