20 Weeks Update

Technically I will not be 20 weeks until tomorrow, but I opted to do this tonight while I have a little extra time. I went to the doctor (not the high risk doctor, just the regular one) today and got some answers to some questions. She was fine with where my readings are, for the most part, and wants to play with the timing of my medication to optimize its effectiveness. It seems the goal is not necessarily to lower my numbers significantly but rather to stop the continual increase they were seeing, as numbers naturally increase in the third trimester.

All in all I am feeling much calmer about the whole thing. We also got a peek at the baby and are fairly certain on the gender, but his/her legs were closed pretty tightly so the ultrasound tech didn't want to make an "official" call yet. I will share when we get that "official" call. :)

How far along? 20 weeks

Maternity clothes? Yep.

Sleep: Hubby hasn't been sleeping well and keeps nudging me. Not sure if I am snoring or if he finds me sleeping on my back (which was true one night) and he wants me to roll over for the baby's safety. Otherwise sleeping pretty well.

Best moment this week: Ultrasound. Got a cute picture of a little foot.

Movement: Daily.Definitely not as strong as Miss M's, so this child may not be as active as she was and is.

Gender: Most likely known.

Labor Signs: No way!

What I miss: Eating without heartburn. The heartburn has already started. Boo!

What I am looking forward to: Reaching viability, my anatomy scan on my birthday next Wednesday. Getting scheduled at the high risk clinic to get my mind put at ease.

Weekly Wisdom: Proverbs 3:5-6

Milestones: Halfway done! Actually probably less than halfway since I will be delivering at least a week before my due date due to the c-section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle