Miss M (Has Been for a While) Is Five!

Five and a half years ago, God blessed us with this 10 lb. 4 oz bundle of energy.
Miss M, one day old
Miss M, one year old

Miss M, two years old

Miss M, three years old.

Miss M, four years old

Miss M, Age 5



In the midst of moving, first birthday parties and rental house prep, I just realized that I never did Miss M's fifth-birthday post. So here's to you Miss M, my big 5 (and a half) year old.

At age 5, Miss M has conquered quite a few fears. She's getting more and more comfortable swimming, has conquered the fear of "real school" and even dealt with her first bully. That was an experience, let me tell you!

This year, my sweet M has changed into one of the sweetest, most thoughtful children I know. While she has her moments, as any child does, I can count on her to be thinking in a sensitive way. She tears up when Pluto gets yelled at by Mickey Mouse on the TV, and worries about her family all the time because she loves them. This sweet child will constantly buy soething at the school store with her behavior dollars for her big sister, not herself. Hse is my snuggler, and is constantly saying "can we snuggle?"

This year M learned:

  • How to read
  • How to wash her hair
  • How to make bracelets
  • How to stand up for herself
  • How to do gymnastics, jumping into level 2 with just one session
  • How to fin and glide in the pool

One of my favorite stories from this year happened when Miss M came home from school one day. She had a picture of a girl wit hstraight hair and a girl with curly hair. I asked her if this was her friend A who has curly hair, and she said "No. Because of the hearts. It's me and you, mommy, because I love you. I don't love with hugs and kisses my friends, just my mom."

I love you too sweet girl!

Dear Miss M

Wow, you are five years old! I can't believe that my bouncing 10 pound baby is now a smart, silly and sassy five-year old.

Miss M, you are one of the sweetest little girls I know. Your sensitive heart makes you fearful of many things, yet it also gives you the ability to look out for others. You want your friends and sisters to be happy just as much as you want yourself to be happy.

Rarely does a day go by that I don't get a sweet picture you drew. Now that you are learning how to read, you often include a note as well. Don't worry, M, Mommy loves you too, and I always will, even when you get too big to draw sweet pictures for me.

Rarely does a day go by that you don't make me laugh out loud. You are a true joy to my heart. I am so thankful for you baby girl! I am so thankful for your snuggles, your laugh and your silliness. Being five is pretty fun, isn't it?

As you push towards six years old, I pray that you will retain your sweet spirit. Don't let anyone take that away from you, precious girl.

So happy birthday, my sweet M, even if it is a bit late. I love you more than words can say, and I'm so happy to be your momma!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle