Oh Nicole, they are too sweet for words!!! I could just squish those chubby cheeks! And Natalie's song was beauiful! :) Elijah loved watching it with me...I think he has a crush :D
I have been thinking since last week about what to write when it comes to preschool. I am participating in a fun project put on by my friend Janna at Mommy's Piggy Tales. Check it out! There are so many options. I could write about my imaginary friend, Polk-a-Roo, who I was actually a little afraid of. I could write about losing my favorite My-Little-Pony, Firefly, in the sandbox when some mean boys buried it at preschool. I could write about my only child, only grandchild years before my brother came along. I could write about my first “best friend,” the girl across the street (Klaire), who I sobbed over when it was time to move away. I could write about all of those things, but the truth is my preschool years are some of the most important of my life. See, my parents wanted me to be a “good person.” To reach that goal, they started going to church. Not long after they started attending church, something happened that would change the course of my life forever. My parents, throug...
Welcome to Feed Me Books Friday ! My youngest (Megan, 18 months) is not a book person. In the last month or so, however, she is turning into one and I couldn't be more thrilled. Lift-the-flap books are some of her favorites. I felt it was appropriate to open Feed Me Books Friday with an image of her and her homemade "library" - She piled all of our library books into the laundry basket and commenced to "read." With a three year old and one year old, lift-the-flap books are still a big hit in our house. One of my favorite authors is Karen Katz , and almost all of her books are lift-the-flap. Where Is Baby's Belly Button? is one that we enjoy. Each page has a large flap and a question like, "Where is baby's hand?" When you lift the flap it says, "Under her mitten." The illustrations are so darling, and Megan loves these books. I got a nice set of them for her for Christmas on her first Christmas. My only complaint is if you have a roug...
I'm participating in a project called Mommy's Piggy Tales, which gives women like me the chance to record their youth in 15 blog posts. It's been a lot of fun and has helped me remember how important the seemingly unimportant things in life were when I was young. If you want to read the others, you will find them here: Birth story , preschool , first grade , second grade , third grade , fourth grade , fifth grade , sixth grade , seventh grade . To participate in the project, click the button at the bottom of this post. As I climbed aboard the bus to travel to the junior high building, a satellite campus for our Christian school as the high school had, in just one year, outgrown the newly built high school facility, my classmates turned their noses to the smell of freshly permed hair. I felt insecure as I realized it had not been washed, but I was proud of my “new” curls. It took a perm to tame the unruly mop, and I would always refer to that as “the perm that never grew out...
Comments