Refreshing Holiday

What a refreshing Thanksgiving we had! We traveled to KC to be with my family, including my brother and his fiance, my dad's parents, and my mom's mom. There were 11 total people for Thanksgiving dinner! My girls were so well behaved, they adored Jen (Joey's fiance) and I felt like we really got to relax. I took minimal work with me so it was great!

I am thankful we had the chance to get to know Joey's fiance a little better, as we likely will not see them again until the July wedding. The girls are so excited about being flower girls!

(this picture cracks me up - we were playing Mad Gab)

While we were there we went to Crown Center. Miss N saw a sign for Seussical, a musical dedicated to Dr. Seuss. She asked if we could go, and we found out that the Saturday performance would gain us one free ticket. We got the tickets and I am so glad we did (thanks mom and dad)! It was adorable. This play (I think there are more than one) was based on the Horton books (Horton Hears a Who and Horton Hatches an Egg). Both girls loved it, and I keep hearing Miss N singing, "A person's a person, no matter how small." That has to be my favorite Seuss quote of all time! It was N's favorite part of the whole trip. I grew up on Dr. Seuss and assumed every kid did, but I am finding that is not the case. The older I get, the more thankful I become for my childhood and my parents.

The girls really latched onto Jen, which was wonderful! They had to be near her at all times. I hope she was not overwhelmed by their clinginess! Miss M was a little under the weather but we managed to avoid the ER - Yeah for us!

Now we are home, mostly unpacked, and looking forward to setting up our Christmas tree! I am so excited for Christmas time - it is so much more fun when you have kids to share the magic with!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Questions

My Story Begins

Christmas Miracle